WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps used by more than 1.5 billion users around the globe. Allowing users to connect to virtually anybody from any location, it is a great chat tool to stay in touch with family and friends.
Taking forward the advantages of the app, WhatsApp has released a business version to facilitate small, medium, and large scale business enterprises to use the app to connect with customers and expand their market base by reaching out to the target audience.
WhatsApp Business API can be integrated with the existing platform offered by the service providers who handle the process of customer communication. The gateway is provided by them can be used to send messages to customers over 40 different communication channels, WhatsApp being one of them.
Small scale enterprises can download WhatsApp Business for free and interact with customers by using the tools provided. It helps with improving customer support, automating messages, sending promotional and information, customizing the business profile, and many more.
Let us take a detailed look at the advantages of integrating the system of an enterprise using WhatsApp Business API.
- Customer Support
- This is the first and foremost advantage of using WhatsApp Business. Make it easy for customers to contact the support staff by simply leaving the enterprise a message on WhatsApp.
- Create bots to send automated replies and answer FAQs when the support staff is busy working on another issue. Keep the customer engaged by providing immediate replies and recording their queries.
- The support staff can step in any time during the automated chat to provide personalized answers to specific queries. This will give the staff enough time to troubleshoot and solve the problem.
- Send an alert to the customers once their issue has been solved and ask for feedback in the same chatbox.
- Send notifications about bookings and deliveries, orders and payments, regularly to customers and keep them updated at all times.
- Data Security
- WhatsApp provides end to end encryption and requires the enterprises to maintain a database of mobile phone numbers for the purpose.
- Two-factor authentication ensures that the OTP or passwords sent via WhatsApp are safe and secure.
- Rich Interactive Features
- Compared to other communication channels WhatsApp has features that allow businesses to send attractive information to customers and the target audience, thereby increasing sales.
- Send high-quality images, videos, audio files, documents, brochures, etc. detailing the products and services offered by the business.
- Send locations of the office/ store, get locations of customers for home deliveries to save time.
- Ask for pictures of the exact problem with a product when a customer complains. This will help in finding out the root cause of trouble and working on delivering a solution faster.
- Attract the customer’s attention by sending them customized information about products and services according to their choice.
- Customized Business Profiles
- Use a single business profile to manage all aspects of marketing and customer support.
- Customize the profile with the business picture, address, contact information such as email id and website, add the description of the business, include a greeting message, set quick replies with shortcuts to respond faster, create labels and group customers into various categories.
- These labels help in classifying customers based on their location, choice, orders, etc. Send personalized messages in bulk to each category of customers.
- Turn Conversations into Transactions
- Every interaction with a customer or audience is a potential sales transaction.
- Provide them with the information they are looking for, supply the required links to purchase, hand over the task to a human (representative) to complete the transaction.
- Customers can book their orders on WhatsApp and pay when the product is delivered, or make the payment using the feature available in the app.
WhatsApp Business API is resulting in more and more businesses from all industries opting for the integration. From banks and financial institutions to food centers, stores, and other businesses, many want to use WhatsApp as a channel of communication.
Talk to the service providers and opt for early access and get more benefits for the enterprise.